Position ourselves for organizational inclusion and growth that increases membership value through broad perspectives and resources.
- Protect the integrity of outdoor power equipment parts and accessories manufacturers and distributors
- Influence and support the development and implementation of standards applicable to OPE parts and accessories
- Influence applicable legislative and regulatory processes
- Seek opportunities to ensure a healthy industry sales channel
- Provide education to our members with market data, trends, statistics, and information relevant to the OPE industry
- Facilitate communication and networking between members and constituent groups
Realigned the association’s name to, Outdoor Power Parts & Accessories Association, which incorporates our continued evolution of becoming more inclusive, for OEM and non-OEM, parts and accessories suppliers into our future legacy.
The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) assumed management of the Association. While maintaining separate identities OPPAA expanded its member benefits to include stronger regulatory and legislative support.
The Bill Nelson Scholarship Endowment (BNSE) was established to honor a founding OPPAA member of the Rotary Corporation. He was a succesful business person, community steward, and cherished family member. OPPAA is proud to support our industry youth and communities.
A total of 32 founding companies joined in coalition to form the foundation of OPPAA by establishing a purpose, mission, and bylaws that we still honor today.